Sunday, August 3, 2014

Music Inspiration: Katy Perry - This Is How We Do


Katy Perry has done it again! She's released a super fun and colorful music video to an amazing song. Katy's song 'This Is How We Do' is from her latest album Prism. The song has fun and catchy upbeat that anyone would want to dance to.

The video is super bright and has some unique fashion elements. These looks are some of the easiest looks to recreate for a modern day or night out. The outfits emulate Katy's bright and fun personality. See down below for inspired outfits. Also if you haven't seen the music video, I will place that before the outfits.




This Is No Big Deal


So for this first look, Katy is seen sporting a pizza swimsuit and some platform orange shoes, with bright red sunglasses and eating a yummy looking watermelon. I'm so in love with this look and as crazy as it sounds, you can make it look modern without making you look absolutely insane (well, sort of). This is one look that you have to have serious guts to wear. 
Pizza Please

Instead of doing a pizza swimsuit, I did a pizza sweater and simplified the look with some dark wash skinny jeans. The look goes a little crazy when I added the peach Converse to recreate the platforms Katy was sporting. I finished off the look with some red heart sunglasses and a cute watermelon crossbody bag.



It's No Big Deal


I think this may be my favorite look from this whole video. I love this outfit so much and the bomber jacket makes it look so incredibly 90's (as does the hot pink scrunchie). I love the pastels that Katy and her backup dancers are wearing and it's honestly the simplest look to recreate. Obviously, the recreation doesn't involve latex-y skirts and colorblocked bustiers, sorry to disappoint.
Pastels and Scrunchies

So I simplified this look and it's honestly the easiest look to recreate for a modern day. I stayed with some of the basics for the outfit but made it more wearable. I added this white bomber jacket which is simple and easy to wear for your everyday life, compared to the bold one Katy was wearing and added this cute pastel pink crop top underneath it. Next, I added this beautiful mint green pleated skirt and finished the look off with these platform white sandals and bright pink scrunchie similar to the one Katy wore.



Everything's All Neon and Hazy


I may have lied up above, I think this is my favorite look from this video. I'm absolutely in love with the bright color dresses and the shoes to match (even the girl on the far left, has a matching headband). It's so 60's and a very fun look. These outfits are not too bold that you have worry about how you're going to recreate this. Though, down below I did.
60's Night Out

So for this look, I definitely took inspiration from the girl on the left, but you can do this same look using any of girls or any color. For this outfit I created, I made this look for a girl who's wants to go out at night with her friend's at a bar or just anywhere really. So I found this great high neck dress and some shoes to match and a black clutch to sort of tone down the look. 



Thanks so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed and I really hope you like the video as much as I do and I hope you like the outfits I created. 
XO, Blake

No comments:

Post a Comment